Settling in!

Well, it's been far too long since I first posted here. Sorry for the delay!

My whole world has changed in the last two months, so I'll try to summarize a few things here.

At the end of June, I gave away / sold / threw out nearly all of my possessions, keeping only what fit in the car. Now, I filled every nook and cranny in the car, but still, it's a lot less than what there was.



So I left behind my own apartment, and moved into a community of nuns 600 miles away.

But that's not the end of my summer adventures. I moved my stuff into my new room, and then took off on a road trip to the east coast, ultimately to visit my brother and leave the car with him. My road trip took me through 13 states! It was great fun, and I was very ready to arrive "home" again with my new community.

We then had a nun meeting at the end of July, with all of the sisters in the United States who could come gathering in Chicago. It was an amazing experience, if a little overwhelming to meet so many new faces all at once (there were about 240 present). We discussed direction for the coming years, and committed ourselves anew to ministry with youth (an integral part of our charism) and issues of justice and creation (which are all bound up together).

And here we are. Another school year has begun, and it is good to be in the classroom again. I'm teaching college freshman and sophomores, mostly, and having a great time!

Blessings to all who come upon this page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week