Sharing our burdens

In my mind all day has been one line from the end of today's first reading, Romans 12:  "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."

Paul is talking to all of us here, giving us advice about what it means to be Christian.  From the beginning, the passage tells us about the Body of Christ--our connection to each other. We are so united to each other, that each of us suffers when one person is suffering, and all of us rejoice together in the triumphs of one.

The more people I deal with on a daily basis, the more deeply I understand how intimately connected we are.  Most of us grow up thinking that we can become completely independent of each other, but what kind of life would that be?  I would much rather know that others need me as much as I need them.

So, let's choose to listen to St. Paul:
"Let love be sincere ... love one another with mutual affection ... Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer."

AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week