I'm a Novice!

My new neighbor and friend


It's official!  I moved to the novitiate a week ago, and I am a novice!

Amid all the chaos of moving, packing, unpacking, finding my way around in a new city, it has taken a while to sink in (and I'm sure it will continue to sink in).

What does it mean to be a novice?  Well, I'm still learning that part, but I know that it means I am given more time to spend with God in prayer, and with my community.  It also means that I will be learning about religious life both at home (where we will talk about the Society of the Sacred Heart and how we live in it) and in a class with other novices.

In prayer today, I was reading the alternate first reading, from Paul's letter to the Romans:
Brothers and sisters:  We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to God's purpose.
I know in my heart that I am called by God, and that helps me through the challenges of a new city and a new way of life.

Blessings to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week