Life's meaning in music

This morning at mass, I found myself relating a little too much to the music--it felt as if it was picked just for me!  Such a strange experience....

First: 
"Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown?
Will you let my name be known?
Will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?"

Yikes.  I love this song, and it really expresses for me a lot about the call to religious life--that I am trying to follow Jesus as he calls my name, but that I don't have a clue what is in store.  I do know that my life will never be the same.  And that's good--I've grown and learned so much, even at this early stage.

And the recessional:
"I have decided to follow Jesus, No turning back, no turning back."
"Though no one join me, still I will follow, No turning back, no turning back."
"The world behind me, the cross before me, No turning back, no turning back."

Yep.  That says it all.  The second line is really speaking to me--knowing that so few understand what religious life is about, and yet some of us are called to it anyway.  I can't imagine not following this call at this point.

I'm too tired for any more.  Blessings to all this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week