Feast of St. Francis de Sales

A little quote to celebrate Francis de Sales' feast day...  

"But which are the virtues of the spirit?  There is faith which shows us the truths which are not accessible to the senses; hope which makes us strive for things invisible; charity which makes us love God above all things and our neighbor as ourselves, not with a sensual, natural, selfish love but with a love that is pure, firm and changeless, being grounded in God."

Happy feast to my Salesian friends!

Comments

Helen said…
I love St. Francis de Sales perhaps because I spent my first years at the Visitation, but mostly because of his writings. It is good to see you posting again! I am off today for a contemplative three days in West Palm Beach. Love and prayer, Helen,rscj
Hi, Helen! I haven't read much of his writings, but what I have read I've liked. I'm going to try to post consistently...though I've tried unsuccessfully before. I'm glad somebody reads it, though!

Enjoy your contemplative days. We're just about to start classes again, ready or not.

Love,
Juliet, nscj

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week