Blessings of Community



image from: emailajoke.com  (and picture links to more Christmas cartoons...)

Today has been one of those days... It started off great, and then life got confusing and hectic.  It was slated to be a busy day anyhow--with finals approaching, there's really no way to avoid it.  But then: my car got a flat.

But here's the sweetness of living in community.  One of my sisters noticed the flat before I drove off on it.  Another loaned me "her" car to get to mass.  A third called AAA and got the tire changed while I was at mass.  And all (including fourth and fifth members of my community) have been helpful in getting me to and from the tire place and the meetings that we all had today.

I'm stressed out and busy, but I'm so fortunate to have others to help me take care of these disruptive things that happen to everyone.  If I didn't live in community, I probably would have missed mass, I would have had to change the tire myself (I've never had AAA), and I wouldn't have had the kindness and support (and caritas!) of community.  And I would have needed to wait at the tire place, and so missed the afternoon's meetings.

So, thank you, my lovely sisters!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transitions

A little spring beauty

Beginning Holy Week